The NSSCC Year 9 to 11 - Online Competition is open to all Secondary Schools Students in Years 9, 10 and 11. The judges are looking for recipes that showcase New Zealand grown carrots as the principle ingredient using either a sweet of savoury application. Your submitted recipe must include two photographs and a video that is uploaded to either Facebook using the hashtag #NSSCC2021 or @nsscc2021 on Instagram. Marks will be awarded for techniques shown, skills demonstrated, innovative use of ingredients and presentationSteps you need to take in order to enter:
1. Submit entry form (on left hand side of this page)
2. Your entry must include:
ON FACEBOOK and/or INSTAGRAM - Upload two (2) photos of your dish and a video (approximately one (1) minute or less), answering the following questions:
- What’s your name and what have you called the dish
- What’s your school
- Why did you make/choose this dish to make for NSSCC - online
- What skills or tricks have you learnt making the dish
3. You must use New Zealand Grown Carrot in your sweet or savoury dish
4. Include the hashtag #NSSCC2021 on your Facebook post and/or Include the tag @nsscc2021 on your Instagram post. (Make sure your post is 'public' or we cannot see it)
DONE! Good luck.
PLEASE NOTE: Online competition is for Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11 students only.
The judges are looking for:
- The dish meets our competition criteria
- Creativity and innovation (Sweet or Savoury)
- Presentation of plated dish
- Recipe and Dish Description
Students may post an entry for each day of the competition. [Maximum 5 entries Monday – Friday]
Week 1: Monday 5th July 2021
Week 2: Monday 12th July 2021
Week 3: Monday 19th July 2021
Week 4: Monday 26th July 2021
Week 1: Friday 9th July 2021
Week 2: Friday 16th July 2021
Week 3: Friday 23rd July 2021
Week 4: Friday 30th July 2021
Judging: We will judge each weeks entries and announce the weekly winner during the following week.
Overall Winner Announced: Sunday 2nd August 2021
Entrants must be NZ Resident or NZ Citizen to qualify.
For more information and inspiration on New Zealand vegetables visit vegetables.co.nz and click on A-Z .
Winners and prizes
The winner will be announced each week – From Year 9-11.
Each prize winner will receive a supermarket voucher valued at $100.00 NZD and an amazing vegetable garnish tool kit by House of Knives valued over $100.00 NZD.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
By entering and submitting this form you give consent to Culinary Arts Development Trust to use the photos, recipe and recipe descriptions entered into the NSSCC Online Competition on Social media platforms, distribution to competition sponsors and other marketing opportunities.
Year 11 -13 students are encouraged to enter the local NSSCC regional competition. Details are available from https://www.nsscc.nz/page/nssc...